Erica Person, MS, MD, FAAO is a board-certified ophthalmologist with over 15 years of expertise in cataract surgery and laser refractive surgery (LASIK and PRK). Originally from Nebraska and valedictorian of her class, she completed her undergraduate studies with Honors at Washington University in Saint Louis, her masters and medical school at Saint Louis University, and her ophthalmology training at the University of Missouri Kansas City. She began her career teaching Residents the art and science of eye surgery as faculty at the University of Kansas before transitioning to private practice. As an expert in her field, she has now performed over 10,000 eye surgeries and has been listed as one of America’s Top Ophthalmologists 5 times. She also is an author in multiple peer-reviewed publications in the ophthalmology literature. Dr. Person’s patients report her as incredibly caring and competent; her outcomes are some of the best in the field.
In her free time, Dr. Person enjoys spending time with her family and two dogs. She is an active volunteer in the community, working with girl and boy scouts of all ages. She enjoys hiking, golfing, knitting and painting.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
- Bachelor of Science in Biology -Cum Laude, Washington University in St. Louis, MO
- Masters of Science in Cell and Molecular Biology, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- Medical Doctor degree from Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- Internship, Forest Park Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- Research Fellowship Washington University in St. Louis, MO
- Ophthalmology Residency University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member of the Women in Ophthalmology Association
- Member of the Michigan Society of Eye Physicians
- Scoutmaster, Scout Troup 5- Girls, Michigan Crossroads Council, MI