Why LASIK May Be a Better Solution than Contacts?
While contact lenses are a popular vision correction treatment option for the most common vision problems, they come with their own unique drawbacks, limitations, and inconveniences. Contact lenses, especially, require significant daily maintenance, and not everyone wants to deal with the inconveniences of wearing contacts.
Whether you’re a long-time wearer tired of relying on contacts or you’re facing vision problems for the first time, know that there are other options available. LASIK eye surgery is available to treat the most common vision problems, and it may be a better solution for people who don’t want to deal with the maintenance, solutions, and cost of contact lenses.
LASIK Eye Surgery vs Contact Lenses
Contact lenses may seem like a convenient solution at first, but the process is much more complicated than popping your contacts in at the start of the day. If contact lenses aren’t properly maintained each day, there could be more serious consequences to your eye health. This is true whether you’re wearing traditional contact lenses, or extended wear contacts.
Even if you’re meticulous about contact lens maintenance, there is the cost of the contacts themselves, the cost of solutions, the constant risk of losing a contact lens, and the time required to maintain your contacts each day. These inconveniences may have you searching for a better solution. Laser eye surgery procedures like LASIK may offer a number of advantages over wearing contact lenses for vision correction:
- LASIK eye surgery is available to treat the most common vision problems, including nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism.
- While nobody can promise that you’ll never have to use glasses or contacts again, LASIK patients are often able to rely significantly less on vision correction devices after having the procedure.
- Wouldn’t it be nice to wake up without reaching for your glasses first thing, or dealing with daily contact lens maintenance? With the benefits of laser eye surgery, you’re free to reimagine your morning routine.
- Same goes for taking trips, enjoying outdoor activities, or participating in your favorite athletic activities. It’s nice not to have to stress about your glasses or contact lenses.
- Glasses and contact lenses can be expensive, both to purchase and maintain, especially when you wear them for many years. While LASIK does have a one-time cost, it’s nice not to worry about the constant, ongoing cost of contact lenses and supplies.
- LASIK is also a quick, efficient procedure. It takes only about 15 minutes for both eyes, and you get to go home the same day. After surgery, you’ll have a series of check-ups at specific intervals to follow-up on your healing progress.
- Advances in LASIK technology may mean that even if you were unable to have laser eye surgery in the past, there may be a procedure available today that is a better fit for your needs.
If you’re tired of dealing with the drawbacks of vision correction devices like contact lenses, now is the time to learn more about LASIK eye surgery, and scheduling your free consultation at your local LASIK Vision Institute location is the perfect place to start.
During your consultation, you’ll have the opportunity to speak with your LASIK team about your candidacy, learn all of the details about laser eye surgery, and get answers to all of your key questions.