Having performed more than 138,000 refractive surgery procedures, Dr. Bruce January is considered one of the most prolific and experienced refractive surgeons in the world.
Dr. January is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, which honored him with the Lifelong Education Award. Dr. January earned a medical degree from the University of Tennessee and completed an ophthalmology residency at the internationally recognized, top-ranked Emory University Eye Center in Atlanta.
Dedicated to inspiring children to achieve their dreams, Dr. January speaks at schools serving the underprivileged. In his free-time, Dr. January enjoys spending time with his family, scuba diving, gardening, and “anything to do with health, diet, and physical fitness”.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
- University of Georgia, B.S
- University of Tennessee, M.D.
- Methodist Hospital, Internship
- Emory University, Ophthalmology Residency
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Texas State Board of Medical Examiners
- Recipient of the ABO’s Lifelong Education Award