What Does LASIK Eye Surgery Cost?
It’s a question we hear often from our patients: What is the cost of LASIK eye surgery? The answer might surprise you. These days, quality LASIK is affordable for a broad range of budgets.
LASIK Cost vs. Glasses (and/or Contact Lenses)
The cost of new glasses includes frames, lenses, and an eye exam, which can add up to hundreds of dollars. Vision insurance will cover some of that, but, most times, there are still out-of-pocket costs. That cycle repeats if your prescription — or fashion — changes. Broken glasses? Need a pair of prescription sunglasses? With most insurance plans, you’ll be paying for those on your own.
Depending on your prescription and type of lenses, contact lens wearers can pay roughly anywhere from $250 to $700 annually. In addition, be sure to factor in the cost of the solutions needed for contact lens. Over time, that adds up, too. And, for people who prefer to have both contacts and glasses, the costs are even greater as many insurance programs will not cover both.
Depending on how long you have been wearing glasses or contacts, LASIK might cost less than what you have already paid to improve your eyesight.
Suggestions to Help with Laser Eye Surgery Costs
If you are researching the cost of LASIK eye surgery, consider these suggestions:
- Talk to a Human Resources representative where you work to find out if your current insurance offers any coverage for laser eye surgery costs.
- Consider using a flexible spending account or health savings account to pay for LASIK surgery.
- Use an annual bonus or tax refund for LASIK costs.
- When comparing laser eye surgery costs, ask questions about included services and qualifications of the provider.
- Ask a LASIK specialist about payment options and other LASIK cost options.
For More Information
At The LASIK Vision Institute, our knowledgeable staff would be happy to help you take a realistic, no-pressure look at LASIK costs. Our prices are affordable, and we can also tailor a payment option to meet your budget. Contact us to set up a free consultation.