Serving Patients At:
Tucson, AZ 85741
Dr. Hammond is a specialist in refractive surgery, with experience as a military ophthalmologist on active duty, including a position as Chief Ophthalmologist and Director of Refractive Surgery at a military hospital in Germany. After receiving his medical degree from George Washington University, Dr. Hammond completed his residency at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC.
Dr. Hammond comes from a military background, serving nine years on active duty as an Ophthalmologist. He served during the Global War on Terror and feels like the greatest honor of his career will be the time he had taking care of America’s finest. He was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal and the Humanitarian award for his relief work after Hurricane Katrina and served as Chief of Ophthalmology and Director of Warfighter Refractive Surgery at Landstauhl Regional Medical Center in Germany.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
- Utah State University, B.S.
- George Washington University, M.D.
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Internship
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Residency
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certified
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons