Having performed over 70,000 LASIK and PRK procedures, board-certified Ophthalmologist, Dr. Jonathan S. McGlothan, M.D., is a highly skilled refractive surgeon. Before heading to college, Dr. McGlothan had a passion for computers, especially building them and teaching other people how to use and understand computer technology. This knowledge of computers and advanced computer technology and precision sparked his interest in becoming a doctor and ultimately an Ophthalmologist and refractive surgeon. With over 20 years of laser eye surgery experience, Dr. McGlothan is considered one of the most experienced laser eye surgeons in the country and prides himself on giving his patients exceptional results.
Dr. McGlothan and his wife have two grown children. In his free time, his is an active world traveler, a private pilot with a land-speed record, and avid sports fan. He also enjoys being in the great outdoors and is a self-proclaimed Sci-Fi trivia champion.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
- Pacific Lutheran University, B.S. Biology, Tacoma, WA
- University of Washington School of Medicine, M.D., Seattle, WA
- George Washington University School of Medicine, Rotating Internship, Washington, DC
- Howard University Hospital, Ophthalmology Residency, Washington, DC
- Baylor College of Medicine, Cullen Eye Institute, Fellowship in Glaucoma, Houston, TX
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certified
- American Medical Association, Physicians Achievement Award
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow
- Diplomate of the American Board of Medical Examiners
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Member
- Refractive Surgery Alliance Society, Member
- International Refractive Surgery Society, Member