Atiende a los pacientes en:
Oak Brook, IL 60523
As a pioneer in refractive surgery, Dr. Gerald Horn, M.D. is a laser vision specialist who has dedicated most of his career solely to laser eye surgery. He has performed more than 97,000 laser eye surgeries and even was involved in pioneering earlier procedures that progressed into LASIK. As an emeritus member of the company’s Medical Advisory Board, he continues to shape and advance best practices to provide clinical and operational excellence.
Dr. Horn is honored to work with the exceptional group of doctors and staff in Chicago. Together, the team utilizes their experience and technology to determine ideal LASIK candidates and form individualized treatment plans, which are an essential part of achieving excellent outcomes for patients. This helps Dr. Horn and his team deliver optimized vision correction to their patients based on the needs of their individual eyes.
Outside of refractive surgery, Dr. Horn is passionate about ophthalmic drug development and even has many issued and pending patents. He also invented several new drugs like “Luminesse,” which is an extended use eye whitener and “Liquid Vision,” which is a drop currently in trials with the FDA that can temporarily restore reading vision following application.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
- University of Illinois Medical School, M.D.
- Rush-Presbyterian St. Lukes Hospital, Internship
- Mini-Fellowship trained Automated Lamellar Keratoplasty, Chiron
- Mini-Fellowship Radial Keratotomy, Dr. Casebeer
- Mini-Fellowship trained LASIK, Minneapolis Eye Consultants
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Fellow, Board Certified
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Multiple winner Visx CustomVue Laser 5 STAR Award